View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Jul 2017 14:30

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Blast From The Past--A Post-FRS Starship 
Commander
Commander

Location: Just north of where the aliens always seem to land.
aridas wrote:
That is a very cool take on the Miranda-Avenger form. Refresh my memory if you will- is this a Lost Era design? You say Ambassador-era at the beginning of the thread but it seems a little earlier.

I created her with the idea that she was the first class after the rollout of the Ambassadors to use her new technology set. In the back story I wrote for her (when I thought to submit it to the GEC), I assumed a 2320 launch date for Ambassador, followed by an extensive shakedown of the new tech. Pellucidar would be launched in 2326.

I think part of the reason she seems to come from an earlier era might have to do with the design of her saucer. The simple straight edge of the saucer rim and the convex curves of her upper and lower decks more closely resemble the layout of the TOS era than they do the TMP timeframe. Mating that saucer to the extended hull format makes the similarity that much greater. Because the Star Fleet look changes so radically in the lead-up to TNG, I kind of saw Pellucidar as the last gasp of the FRS school of design.

05 Jan 2013 08:49
Commander
Commander

Location: Just north of where the aliens always seem to land.
New image links: http://imgur.com/a/R5Adz

While I was doing this, I did a version where I deleted a lot of those blankety-blank-blank windows: http://imgur.com/a/ptSPp

06 Jul 2017 18:12
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10