View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Aug 2017 05:34

Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
The FJ Fleet 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Me likey! :D

Mr. Spock is dead. Live long, Mr. Spock.

19 Apr 2017 18:59
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

I'm finally calling this baby done! I'll be doing more beauty shots in the coming days.

Then it's on to the... Ptolemy?

11 May 2017 11:57

Tallguy wrote:
I'm finally calling this baby done! I'll be doing more beauty shots in the coming days.

Cool! You gonna post some orthos too maybe? Hope, hope.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

11 May 2017 12:07

aridas wrote:
I'm chagrinned that when I post new pages, the number of views goes up but the number of posts goes down.

If I was an attention whore, you guys would be screwed. But as it is, I just don't know what anyone but Mark, Bill, Jaeger, Kelvin, and a few others, think about these designs.

<snip>

So what I would like is for some of the silent people to also chime in and answer that question.

Wanted to pass along that I found a Franz Joseph Facebook Group last night that’s eating this stuff up.

The discussion isn’t terribly in-depth, but all the comments were highly positive and everyone seemed to agree that these fit right in with the original SFTM. I don’t recall any opinions/comparisons to Matt’s vision, but again this was an FJ page. A few of the pages are posted obviously for group members to see, but they’ve all been originally or subsequently credited to this site. I posted a link to this thread as well, inviting others to come register and share in the discussion here if they’d like.

One detail no one seemed to realize though was who exactly you are. (Gonna post about that in another thread.) Anyway, it’s a closed group but I’m sure you’d be allowed to join if you want. :)

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

11 May 2017 12:08
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mark- Is it called the Franz Joseph Facebook Group? It's nice to know the work is getting seen by some people who might enjoy it. That is, after all, the reason it was done.

Bill- OOOH! I am looking forward to seeing those other views! Very cool.

Maybe you can show one or two shots with Surya teamed with the other FJ ships you've done so far?

Mr. Spock is dead. Live long, Mr. Spock.

11 May 2017 12:11
Profile WWW

aridas wrote:
Mark- Is it called the Franz Joseph Facebook Group? It's nice to know the work is getting seen by some people who might enjoy it. That is, after all, the reason it was done.

Oh sorry, I meant to post that in the 50th Anniversary thread. Will move.

Bill's pretty picture got me all discombobulated.

Mark

11 May 2017 12:20
Captain
Captain

Ahkyahnan wrote:
Cool! You gonna post some orthos too maybe? Hope, hope.

Yep.

aridas wrote:
Bill- OOOH! I am looking forward to seeing those other views! Very cool. Maybe you can show one or two shots with Surya teamed with the other FJ ships you've done so far?

Yep.

:) I figure I'll knock out some more beauty shots and then do a tech manual page like I did for the Saladin and the Federation. Maybe I'll go crazy and do some FRS pages as well.

Thanks, guys!

11 May 2017 12:50
Captain
Captain

As promised!

The U.S.S. Odin meets up with two Saladin class destroyers.

11 May 2017 23:13
Captain
Captain

Some more shots of the Surya. This time using a lit model of the mesh I developed for aridas a few months back.

Here is the U.S.S. Brilliant rendezvousing with the Fesarius to retrieve Lt. David Bailey from his exchange on that vessel.

A second shot, showing off less of the models but more of an homage to the original shot from The Corbomite Maneuver.

Enjoy!

18 May 2017 01:53
Commodore
Commodore

hmm... now that has me thinking of a spinoff mini-series with Bailey & Balok... ; )

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force...
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.
This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
Max Planck

18 May 2017 01:59
Reply to topic   [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next