View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Jun 2017 13:13

Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
The FJ Fleet 
Captain
Captain

Ahkyahnan wrote:
Hi Bill,

I can't recall, did you finish the Surya above before this thread stopped?

If not, think you can give aridas one more birthday before the site closes? :D

Mark

I actually cracked open the files last night to see if I could do just that. :) No promises, but it's what I'll be working on this week.

08 Jul 2013 08:14

Cool!!!!!!! Thanks!

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

08 Jul 2013 10:03
Captain
Captain

Well, I dinked with it at lunch today. I very quickly remembered why this isn't done. My seam-covering strategization is weak. But I will persevere.

Do I really have until the 15th or is it more like the 10th? Yikes! It's all so close!

08 Jul 2013 14:51
Captain
Captain

You know I started building this ship for an appearance in Of Gods and Men? That was eleven years ago!

Anyway, she's looking prettier than she ever has, I think.

Image Image

I did just hit a snag with my workflow, I can only use 8 UV maps. So rather than doing all of the markings like individual decals, I'm going to need to go back and do some combination. Darn it.

Until this is done this will continue to be an FRS exclusive. THAT ought to send the traffic through the roof!

29 Mar 2017 16:51
Captain
Captain

I almost don't want to post this because I have a lot of tweaking to do at this point. The good news is that anything hard is done. This is back to the stuff that is fun. Dirt, shininess, dullness, scratches, all the little stuff that a whole team of folks just spent two years trying to reproduce / unearth on the 11 foot Enterprise.

Image Image Image

But it looks so PRETTY!

30 Mar 2017 13:14
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey! That looks good. Though I look at those aft details I came up with when you did the other version of this model and I sort of cringe. I think I was exceeding my daily dose of back medicine when I came up with that stuff. Parallelograms and trapezoids, oh my. Please forgive me. :P

"...here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -Thomas Jefferson, 1820

30 Mar 2017 13:55
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Very cool! It looks to be an attempt at a later or upgraded Surya version. Honestly I cannot figure out how the aft and bottom views look like as they're not represented in SoSF,vol.1. Any real idea?

30 Mar 2017 14:23
Captain
Captain

aridas wrote:
Hey! That looks good. Though I look at those aft details I came up with when you did the other version of this model and I sort of cringe. I think I was exceeding my daily dose of back medicine when I came up with that stuff. Parallelograms and trapezoids, oh my. Please forgive me. :P

Heh. Well in that case I may mess around with them.

30 Mar 2017 14:44
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would just get rid of the smaller trapezoid and parallelogram boxes between the two large trapezoids. They busy it up too much and do not look Starfleet, TOS, Jefferies or FJ.

"...here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -Thomas Jefferson, 1820

30 Mar 2017 16:23
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

Not quite done. (Mostly working on dirt and converting my nacelle materials from the other FJ ships.)

But damn, this looked dramatic.

19 Apr 2017 18:26
Reply to topic   [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next