View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Aug 2017 09:52

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
FRS Aliens 
Site Admin
Site Admin

For reference, for whomever wants it. What did I miss?

STAR TREK

ALPHA 177 CANOID

ANDORIANS

AMERINDIANS

OLYMPIANS

ARGELIANS

ARDANIANS

CAPELLANS

CHERONS

CORIDANIANS

DIMORAN RODENTOIDS

DENEVA PARASITES

EKOSIANS

ELASIANS

EMINARIANS

EXCALBIANS

FABRINI

FOTIALLIANS (M113 creature)

GAMMA CANARIANS

GIDEONS

GOTHOS (Q?)

GORGON

GORNS

GUARDIAN OF FOREVER (?)

HORTA

IOTIANS

KALANDANS

KALAR

KELVANS

KHOMS  & YANGS

KLINGONS

LANDRANS (Landru's people)

MAGNA ROMANI

MEDUSANS

MELKOTIANS

METRONS

MORGS & EYMORGS

MUGATO

NEURALIANS

ONLIES

ORGANIANS

ORIONS

PYRIS

PLATONIANS

ROMULANS

SARPEIDONS

SCALOSIANS

TALOSIANS

TAUREANS (Is the ape in "The Cage" a type of Taurean?)

TELLARITES

THASIANS

THOLIANS

TRIBBLES

TROYANS

VULCANS

ZETARIANS

STAR TREK THE ANIMATED SERIES

ARGO AQUANS

ARRETIANS

CAITIANS

CANOPAN SAURIAN

CAPELLA IV POWER CAT

CLOUD BEING (From "ONE OF OUR PLANETS IS MISSING" -- Did Blish identify this further?)

CYGNIANS (Omega Cygni)

DELTA THETA III GOD

DENEBIAN WHALE

DRAMANS

EDOANS

GLOMMER (Klingon)

GOSSAMER MICE

HALO FISH

INSECTOIDS (Xindi?)

KUKULKAN

KZINTI

LACTRANS

LE-MATYA (Vulcan)

MAGNETIC ENTITY

MEGANS

NASAT (Em3Green)

PANDRONIANS (From Pandro in the Garo VII system)

PHYLOSIANS

PTERODON

REPTILIANS (From Delta Theta III)

RETLAW PLANT (Ambulatory Phylosian plant)

RIGELLIAN HYPNOID

ROCK CREATURES

SEA CREATURE

SEHLAT (Vulcan)

SKORR

SLAVERS

SORD (Gnalish, Fejjimaera sub species)

SUR-SNAKE (Argo)

SWOOPER (Phylos)

URSINOIDS (Motherlode?)

VEDALA

VENDORIANS

ZOO SPECIMENS (Various)

STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE

AAAMAZZARITES

ARCTURIANS

BETELGEUSIANS

DELTANS

KAZARITES

KLINGONS (Bur Chak sub species)

K'NORMIANS

MEGARITES

RHAANDARITES

RIGELLIANS

SAURIANS

SHAMIN PRIESTS

ZARANITES

Mr. Spock is dead. Live long, Mr. Spock.

01 Sep 2011 19:21
Profile WWW

Seems like there's one other but I can't place my finger on it. But I know it ended in either "ans" or "ites". Ring a bell?

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

01 Sep 2011 20:21
Commodore
Commodore

would the androids on Exo 3 or Mudd's planet count as races ?

would the DIMORUS creatures who darted Gary Mitchell count ?

EXCALBIANS

FABRINI -- watch the episode and take a shot every time someone says FABRINI... < hicc >

is GHOTOS -- GOTHOS ?

METRONS -- but notice in the episode that Kirk and Spock frequently called them METRONES... < facepalm >

PRESERVERS

RIGELLIANS -- physiology very similar to VULCANS

TAUREANS (Is the ape in "The Cage" a type of Taurean?) -- and there were some birdlike aliens too ??

are TROYIANS -- TROYANS ?

KZINTI -- nope... since they foolishly ignored both the PAK and OUTSIDERS -- the Kzin are forfeit... : )

and even though biased towards TNG-era and ENT here's another list (with brief descriptions)
-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Trek_races

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force...
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.
This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
Max Planck

01 Sep 2011 21:15
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Here are a few more, for your consideration (and a perfectly fine way to spend my morning!):

ANTOSIANS - The kind folk who taught Garth of Izar how to become a shapeshifter... don't ask.

AULACRI - Name by Christopher L. Bennett (Ex Machina), the species of Paula Crist's character Worene seen briefly in the TMP crowd scenes. One of the few novels I've actually liked, and the author appears to share my fascination with Trek's most obscure aliens.

AURELIANS - The birdlike creatures from TAS, probaby Federation members. Likely related to the SKORR.

BLASTONEURON - are what the SF Medical Reference Manual calls the Denevan parasites.

BETA XII-A ENTITY - Noncorporeal creature from "Day of the Dove". Called the (*) by Q in the novel "I,Q".

CATULLANS - Space hippies

CORIDANIANS are called CORIDANITES in modern Trek.

The mostly hypothetical (ALPHA) CENTAURANS. Technically, taking only TOS, you can make a case that Zefram Cochrane was a CENTAURAN. Alternate favorite theories are a race of (possibly extinct) true aliens or a displaced ancient human population.

DENEBIANS - Harry Mudd was sentenced to capital punishment by these guys in TAS. I've personally linked them to the "big wigged" aliens seen in "Journey to Babel".

ITHENITES - An unashamed ENT era name, for the little copper guys from "Journey to Babel". It's a better name than "Unknown humanoid #5", and strangely, fandom apparently never really bothered to give them a widely used alternative name.

RIGEL(L)IANS - You mentioned them, but there are many types: RIGELLIAN (CHELONS), the turtles from TMP; RIGELIAN, the unseen vulcanoid type mentioned in "Journey to Babel" and DS9; the near-human RIGELLIANS from Rigel VII of the which the Kaylar warrior was an example.

TIBURONIANS- the many-lobed aliens, Doctor Sevrin's people.

Some more unnamed stuff:

The ANCIENT INSECTOIDS and the MAGNETIC ORGANISM that infected their ship, and later tried to take over the Enterprise in TAS: "Beyond the Farthest Star".

TRELANE'S PEOPLE, who were very much like Q, to be honest.

The COMPANION from "Metamorphosis".

The DIKIRONIUM CLOUD CREATURE that attacked the Farragut and later the Enterprise.

The REDJAC entity.

The ORNITHOID LIFEFORMS Sylvia and Korob, extragalactic explorers.

From "Journey to Babel": The PURPLE ALIENS, the ROBED ALIENS, the BIG-WIG ALIENS, the PIGTAIL ALIENS. I'd say the robed aliens might as well be a TOS version of the Efrosians (the UFP President in TUC), the big wigs might be the otherwise unseen Denebians, and the rest is up for grabs.

17 Feb 2012 07:30
VIP
VIP

The cloud entity from "Obsession" I always thought it's element makeup name should be
Dichronium. Like Dilithium.

17 Feb 2012 13:19
Profile YIM

Harry wrote:
The ANCIENT INSECTOIDS and the MAGNETIC ORGANISM that infected their ship, and later tried to take over the Enterprise in TAS: "Beyond the Farthest Star".

Funny you mention that. Just last week I pulled out my TAS DVD set for the first time in ages to watch that very episode. One of my favs. Very much like classic Trek, except that I wish it ended a bit more positively than just stranding the organism again. I'd have preferred a more "Kelvin" like ending.

Have always found that ancient ship to be very fascinating and beautiful. It might seem a little 'out there' at first, but when you consider it to be made of a 'spun' form of flexible fiber/metal, it's easy to imagine it functioning a bit squid-like with those tendrils spreading out to investigate/scan the space around it like a huge sensor array when at rest, and then all pulling back together in the center to allow the vessel to shoot off in the opposite direction like an octopus when at impulse or warp. Very alien, and I've always wondered if those huge aliens from the first episode of TNG were influenced a little by this first episode of TAS? Maybe the remastered set will have a little commentary on that.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

17 Feb 2012 20:11
Commander
Commander

The Eridani Princess from Spacehunter was similar...
http://www.cuparius.com/words/odd/spaceships.html

24 Feb 2012 15:40
Ensign
Ensign

The Makosians, from Makus III. I liked FASA's take that they were mostly emotional Vulcans, with some humans who were refugees from the failed colony on the homeworld of the Vegan Tyranny and Triacus.

24 Jul 2016 02:15
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]