View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Aug 2017 09:52

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Federation Reference FAQ 
Commander
Commander

Flux Chiller wrote:
I understand where you're coming from and with great respect, I wouldn't let that stop me or get me down so much. Realistic 3D images would be cool and create a greater sense of immersion but they shouldn't carry or take away from the other things that go with them. I would rather have a set of plans and the history to go with them without 3D images, than have nothing at all. Your great work is one the key elements that has created so much interest in this subject and has driven me and others to seek out your material and to join this forum. It would be unfortunate and heart breaking not to revisit this series and perpetuate that interest solely for lack of photos.

my apologies for arriving to this topic late...how did I miss it before?

I find myself very much in agreement with Flux Chiller .

my favorite way to have Starship drawings are 'Black Ink on White Paper' - I guess I am a traditionalist in that regard.

but, I do like something like Vance's Toolkit for playing around with ship designs for later committal to ink on paper.

02 May 2011 00:51
Site Admin
Site Admin

I had hoped to make a few changes I'd planned while tinkering under the hood, but rather than keep things offline until I get the work done, I'll restart the forums and finish up later.

Mr. Spock is dead. Live long, Mr. Spock.

07 May 2011 18:41
Profile WWW
Commander
Commander

whew!
you had me worried there.
I've seen other favorite websites and forums simply disappear without warning and I had feared that was happening here.

when you decide to finish that upgrade please let us have a bit of warning. :D

07 May 2011 20:48

aridas wrote:
I had hoped to make a few changes I'd planned while tinkering under the hood, but rather than keep things offline until I get the work done, I'll restart the forums and finish up later.

So will everything still be here after you make changes? I mean, is it safe to post new drawings now or should I wait?

I finally finished those Andorian perspective drawings you said you'd like to see, and was planning to post them soon. :)

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

11 May 2011 21:06
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't worry. I would never take away functionality or content without warning everyone first. I was planning to add one or two things that would facilitate group projects -- Trekkish and Non -- but couldn't figure out exactly how I thought they should work/look to avoid a couple of depressing forums with a slew of projects that went nowhere. Eventually, hopefully, I'll figure it out.

Post those views! I (and I'm sure everyone else) am anxious to see them.

12 May 2011 07:30
Profile WWW
Commander
Commander

that sounds like a good idea,Aridas.
I would look forward to designing some more ships with the help of other forum members as consultants.
(lots of smart and talented people here)

14 May 2011 14:00
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've found a place in my newly adopted hometown that will do high resolution, large format scanning. If I am to invest the time and money to do this I'd like to have some idea of the level of interest. Also, this will necessitate some work on the layout of the main site, so before I begin to trash anything, let me know what parts you'd like to see retained (or eliminated).

After all that stuff gets done we'll address the reordering of the forums here on the board.

29 May 2011 13:54
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

aridas wrote:
I've found a place in my newly adopted hometown that will do high resolution, large format scanning. If I am to invest the time and money to do this I'd like to have some idea of the level of interest. Also, this will necessitate some work on the layout of the main site, so before I begin to trash anything, let me know what parts you'd like to see retained (or eliminated).

After all that stuff gets done we'll address the reordering of the forums here on the board.

Wow, this would really be something. This is the sort of thing I've been hoping for since I ran across Todd's Mastercom site back in the late 90's.

Nothing on the main site I'd want to see removed. I have to admit it's been a while since I realized it was there. Are you going to integrate the new FRS pages into the timeline pages?

31 May 2011 12:24
Captain
Captain

Maybe this needs a new topic with a more distinctive title. Because I can't believe that anything on this board would get more of a response.

31 May 2011 16:37
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tallguy wrote:
Maybe this needs a new topic with a more distinctive title. Because I can't believe that anything on this board would get more of a response.

Go ahead. Sounds like a good idea.

31 May 2011 19:13
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next