View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Jul 2017 14:44

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Let's discuss Kiaga... 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, I recall drawing a TWOK uniform stripped of all doodads, the belt, the strap... and given the gold metal Starfleet badge from TMP and the TMP epaulettes. It looked much better IMO.

"...here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -Thomas Jefferson, 1820

11 Nov 2011 20:11
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

Please, no pips. That would infer some validity to TNG! :P

I liked TMP uniforms, a good variety to chose from that looked very business like and plausible. Although, I didn't care for the materials they used for the trousers and one piece jumpsuits . . . too form fitting and kinda dainty looking. Something with an influence from TMP types would be very attractive I think.

You may have mentioned a combination of ranks with stripes on the left cuff and device on the right shoulder/epaulet (on a TWOK type uniform)? I would vote for that in a close second to the TMP type.

This may seem too far ahead or irrelevant to the context that you ultimately present, but are you in favor of using the CPO insignias designed by Fletcher? If yes, how would these be related to the surface action forces? I guess what I'm driving at is, would there be no corporals or sergeants?

Another question is, how would let's say a commanders device correlate to the surface action forces embarked on a ship (if used for inter service commonality)? Would this device also be the same device used to indicate a Captain or Major in those forces (and therefor recognize it as such on fleet personnel)?

12 Nov 2011 02:09
Commander
Commander

I liked all the Uniforms. I wish there had been a way to keep them all for different duties from the start. Trek Movie Uniforms (ST -II) for Marines. ST TMP uniforms for ground based stations. Voyager Uniforms for space stations, and TNG uniforms for deep spacecraft. TOS uniforms for most vessels.

12 Nov 2011 17:00
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's time for this long dead thread to come back to life. Steve Bacon has apparently built a small, rudimentary model of Kiaga for his new, much more elaborate version of his "Vintage Starships" website. What I have always loved about his site is the way he captures the look and feel of the small (1/2500?) scale gaming miniatures used for FASA and Star Fleet Battles games. I used this kind of miniature to evoke distant "Jane's Fighting Ships" style images of the starships covered in FRS1. This is just the kind of model I was asking for from anyone willing to make them when I was (insanely) considering reviving the FRS for the web.

Cool to see it finally done in this 3D fly around format:

https://sketchfab.com/models/b160731e40 ... f5e8/embed?

"...here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -Thomas Jefferson, 1820

23 Apr 2017 12:47
Profile WWW
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Yep.

23 Apr 2017 15:41

Boy that really is a beautiful ship in 3D. Not an awkward angle to be found.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

23 Apr 2017 21:38
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Great appreciation of the Kiaga. It has been a long time I did not pay a visit on the Vintage Starships website. A nostalgic feeling comes to me.
I've seen some interesting uniforms posted earlier on the same thread. One month ago I had an idea on what could be TMP-style alternate uniforms in TACFLEET aboard the Akyazi group ships. Perhaps I might open a new thread on the subject soon.

24 Apr 2017 15:28
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would be interested in seeing that.

24 Apr 2017 17:09
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4