View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Jul 2017 04:44

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Photobucket 

Kelvin0514 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if I should retrieve my Imgur account and duplicate the files from Flickr. Has anyone a preference using Imgur or Flickr for the FR forum?

I haven't used Flickr so I can't say for sure.

I do like Imgur better than Photobucket, but there is one drawback I did notice, not being able to do the same things in the phone app that you can do on the desktop. There are some functions I would consider essential that I was only able to do on my home computer, and have not found a way to do with my app. Namely selecting the type of link you want to use for forum posting and such. The app just has a single 'copy link' button that I've found so far, while the desktop has several options.

And when I tried to access the desktop version on my phone using Google, it brought up my Imgur app instead of going to Imgur via the website. Maybe I'd be better off deleting the app, I'm not sure. Or maybe I just need to play with it more. But I do like Imgur overall.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

12 Jul 2017 14:57
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thanks for the answer. I understand what you mean and I don't know for sure if it is also possible to post on the forum via my Flickr application on my phone. I don't try it yet to be honest. I suspect the kind of posted link you're refering to is not available neither on Imgur nor on Flickr, although I'm not an expert. I could be wrong. I just regret PB has become a place full of waste. :(

12 Jul 2017 16:40
Site Admin
Site Admin

I might just stop posting the images altogether. Notify when one is done and anyone that wants it can email or PM me a request. The headache this is causing over future use and the number of images involved to migrate it all over makes me think just screw it. I'm interested in creating the pages, not fu$%ing with some dipshit image hosting nonsense ad infinitum.

Between Trump, Photobucket, and the reality of economics of image sharing/hosting in 2017, this world is turning more surreal by the second.

"...here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -Thomas Jefferson, 1820

14 Jul 2017 20:21
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

Then we have the fun of the potential end of "Net Neutrality" if the new FCC chairman gets his way...

14 Jul 2017 21:37
Ensign
Ensign

aridas wrote:
Between Trump, Photobucket, and the reality of economics of image sharing/hosting in 2017, this world is turning more surreal by the second.

StarCruiser wrote:
Then we have the fun of the potential end of "Net Neutrality" if the new FCC chairman gets his way...

It just keeps getting better, don't it... :?

15 Jul 2017 06:03
Commodore
Commodore

cheer up... the alternative WW3 timeline was much worse... ; )

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force...
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.
This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
Max Planck

15 Jul 2017 16:06
Ensign
Ensign

davros_of_borg wrote:
cheer up... the alternative WW3 timeline was much worse... ; )

True, but we got rid of Khan 20 years ago.

No DY-100's lying around that we can ship the current bunch off in...

15 Jul 2017 17:51
Ensign
Ensign

Who needs a DY-100 for that, waste of a good ship!

15 Jul 2017 19:41
Commodore
Commodore

Quote:
No DY-100's lying around that we can ship the current bunch off in...

sorry, citizen... you're not cleared for that level information... ; )

We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.
Max Planck

15 Jul 2017 22:51
Commodore
Commodore

trying to link some of my abstract fractal Flickr images... : )

Image - Image - Image

for the variety in colors and textures... though i've often thought that a dynamic map of subspace geometry would be both a very strange and fractal thing... ; )

Max Planck

16 Jul 2017 21:52
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next