View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Jul 2017 04:44

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Photobucket 

When you guys talk about Flikr or Imgur being able to show "thumbnails", are you just talking about those small images you have to click only, or images in general?

I'd like to switch myself, but I do prefer posting images that can be comfortably viewed within the site rather than having to click something that takes the viewer outside the site to the image host.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

04 Jul 2017 15:38
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes I agree. If I can't easily figure out a way of dealing with this, this will have to be it for this site. All the links that draw what little traffic comes will be dead and frankly, if I need to figure out how to move everything to a new host, there won't be time to create anything. So this is looming as being possibly catastrophic at the moment.

"...here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -Thomas Jefferson, 1820

04 Jul 2017 17:33
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

I was looking at the first page of the 50 thread.

aridas, t looks like you posted some direct. Like this: Image (What the hell? Why does this work???)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/ ... feries.png

Others (most) you posted using a link like this Image

Me, I usually post thumbnails like this (Mark): Image

Funny thing is, PB used to be really good at this. It was invaluable making my Enterprise Shot Catalog.

aridas, I did this post as a proof of concept. The point is that PB is not yet completely useless. While you should certainly migrate, because PB sucks, it doesn't have to be done right now.

04 Jul 2017 20:41
Site Admin
Site Admin

All those images are posting in line. That is weird.

My God that is beautiful. I forgot how nice that was. You should show it to Drexler and ask if it might be considered for that calendar.

My main problem is with new material. I am not going to upload anything else to Photobucket. So i have to either find a third party host or spring for creating a server here and doing it myself. Which I might do but... money and time and trouble. For very limited traffic. I want to do this, but at a certain point it becomes an exercise in futility.

"...here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -Thomas Jefferson, 1820

04 Jul 2017 21:23
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

By the way, can I include schematics of that shuttle of yours in the Fifty for 50? I keep thinking the stolen Starfleet design from "Balance of Terror" is some version of this early Jefferies design. I was going to use my own, bigger version, but this smaller ship would be beautiful. Plus, I like to include the work of artists I admire, and yours certainly qualifies in that area.

05 Jul 2017 06:42
Profile WWW

I agree that's wonderful work.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

05 Jul 2017 09:45
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

That's a shuttlecraft model that always impressed me. Perhaps could I build a physical model of it one day!

05 Jul 2017 11:43

FWIW they say over on Bernard's site that Imgur can show full size images. I'm going to check it out a little further.

Mark

05 Jul 2017 11:51
Captain
Captain

Imgur demo:

Image link:
http://imgur.com/BwKUgM8

Direct link (!)
http://i.imgur.com/BwKUgM8.png

BBCode:

Linked BBCode (Small Thumbnail):

Linked BBCode (Medium Thumbnail):

LOTS of thumbnails (generated VERY quickly)!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Like I've said, I haven't played with Flickr or DeviantArt. But one thing I love about Imgur is that it's FAST. It's kind of built to be a "community" type of experience, but you can ignore that. I do.

Oh, aridas, of COURSE you can use my Jefferies. Although I like the version I'm working on now more than that one. I actually submitted it to Drexler a couple of years ago. Maybe I should push to redo it with the current model. That's the dream! :)

05 Jul 2017 13:20

Wow Bill, thanks!

I think you've sold me on it.

Mark

05 Jul 2017 14:17
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next