View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Jun 2017 06:11

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Talosians 
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Just how many were beamed aboard before the Enterprise left Talos IV orbit?

02 May 2017 16:47
Commodore
Commodore

how many do you need?

and would their mind powers be nearly as powerful once away from their ancient tech infrastructure?

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force...
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.
This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
Max Planck

02 May 2017 16:58
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

About a hundred or so...

You are making an assumption, that their talent is external.

03 May 2017 05:31
Commodore
Commodore

well... i would actually say their talent was internal...
but their range without their enhancement technology may not be very great...
and they seem to have some serious dependence on their infrastructure (smartphone addiction)...

so... maybe a small commando team of Talosian misfits... but taking a telepathic support node along with them?

but i always got the impression the Talosians were incapable of leaving their hive mind even long enough to reclaim the surface of their own planet due to their attachment to the mass-mind culture... : )

We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.
Max Planck

03 May 2017 17:13

davros_of_borg wrote:
but i always got the impression the Talosians were incapable of leaving their hive mind even long enough to reclaim the surface of their own planet due to their attachment to the mass-mind culture... : )

Yeah that's kinda how I saw it too. Even in the original episode they just wanted a mate for Vena, they weren't trying to capture the Enterprise to leave or anything.

If any did sneak aboard, I'd imagine it would only have been a few wanting to leave the 'mass-mind culture' for a more 'normal' life. Not any sort of infiltration.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

04 May 2017 12:08
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Sometimes I think the Talosians are suffering from a nth degree minded Asperger syndrome. They like manipulation and thought experiments on species from all the quadrant, their sociability with other species is quite difficult as they're kinda superior and condescendant. Despite that they have a great sense of compassion. They don't leave their homeworld because their ultimate goal is to recreate a suitable environment on Talos IV's surface.

04 May 2017 14:10
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

My point was, that it would have been very easy for them to get aboard without being noticed...

This means that a minimal of twenty could have been gotten aboard the ship. Once to star base they could have gotten ships to go back home, and start picking up more. This would have been to find more possibilities... to be of help.

Not Rambo...

07 May 2017 07:20
Commodore
Commodore

hmm... but wouldn't they be seen as Rambo type characters compared to the more typical Talosian personality types... ; )

Max Planck

07 May 2017 19:30
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

No, the Talosians, wouldn't have sent wild cards out. But those that could be quiet. After all, their mission would have been to get to the next port of call. Then disperse...

Find a ship, then start getting others off, their home planet.

Remember that they are looking to survive.

Once General Order 7 was set it becomes that much difficult for them.

Of course they could have gotten GO 7 in place...

09 May 2017 12:59
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]