View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Aug 2017 19:10

Reply to topic  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 70  Next
Fifty for 50 

aridas wrote:
Wow it's been a long time since I have opened an .eps file. It is quite bulky compared to a .pdf iirc, but it is an Adobe format, so it is worth a shot.

But I will bet dollars to donuts it will have the same problems as a pdf.

I'll give ya the donuts. Don't have any money.

Just sent it to you via email. If it works I'll prepare the other. (Or make a run to Jolly Pirate)

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

09 Jun 2017 23:00
Commander
Commander

That is now my favorite chart Aridas. Thank you ever so much for the TAS entry.
With Shaw's permission--maybe his AMT model drawing could be a Conestoga?

10 Jun 2017 14:38
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have the 1967 AMT model and will be drawing it as Constellation for the "Doomsday Machine" episode. I'm glad you like the TAS version of the ship. It is remarkable when you do a close analysis of it just how much it is exactly the same except for that elongated aft. I have to believe there was some reason for that and that it may have been because of the way Kline drew the hangar deck.

I will be revising that chart BTW. I have drawn a new Essex and I have replaced the TM version of Constitution with the BoGP version. And I will be drawing Excelsior as the Phase II ship once I can find enough of David Shaw's splendid research on that model. His work surpasses what I have, and I have the original blueprints.

Mr. Spock is dead. Live long, Mr. Spock.

10 Jun 2017 14:50
Profile WWW
Commander
Commander

aridas wrote:

I. I'm glad you like the TAS version of the ship. It is remarkable when you do a close analysis of it just how much it is exactly the same except for that elongated aft. I have to believe there was some reason for that and that it may have been because of the way Kline drew the hangar deck.

Probably so.

In a way--there really isn't one TAS ship.

Some was rotoscoped from the 11 footer that seems to be doing a dive in the Negative Energy Barrier--and Gary Kerr has that down pat of course.
And the aft view seems to show the aft nacelle globes almost as big as the the ones in front--which I kind of like (glowing pure white perhaps)

The side view--the definitive TAS ship--is really a whole new creation:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/4460081-post8.html

The nacelles--and their beefier struts--are larger in relation to the hull.

Now--the forward view?--we can forget that--since it is based pretty much of FJ's work--and you already have that down.

In one episode, there was a large inflatable decoy (The Practical Joker).

Draw that as close as you can to the TAS side view--and that it was a model for what a later dreadnaught was to be--a TAS USS Vengeance, if you will.
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/99-scienc ... nline.html

10 Jun 2017 15:09
Commodore
Commodore

Ahkyahnan wrote:
aridas wrote:
Wow it's been a long time since I have opened an .eps file. It is quite bulky compared to a .pdf iirc, but it is an Adobe format, so it is worth a shot.

But I will bet dollars to donuts it will have the same problems as a pdf.

I'll give ya the donuts. Don't have any money.

Just sent it to you via email. If it works I'll prepare the other. (Or make a run to Jolly Pirate)

Mark

hmm... if EPS doesn't work... another possible choice would be a SVG... : )

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force...
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.
This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
Max Planck

10 Jun 2017 19:35

Thanks but we tried a SVG already.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

10 Jun 2017 21:12
Ensign
Ensign

aridas wrote:
Unfortunately those PDFs make even the CS5 crash. :(

Have you tried opening them with Preview or Graphic Converter?

Probably asking the obvious but...

11 Jun 2017 00:30
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh yes. But they are vector art and to preserve the vectors and layers we need a converter that won't reduce the images to bitmaps.

11 Jun 2017 00:40
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Regarding the back and forth between Mark and me, this is the art that is at the heart of it. Or at least, the top ship is my impression of his concept, which was his impression of my concept. So I guess what goes around, comes around. :D

Three ships of one class, over a fifty year time lifetime. The top ship is Valiant, NCC-1623, at the time of her disappearance over Eminiar. The middle ship is Mayflower, the class ship, NCC-1620, after her 2220 upgrade post the Valiant disappearance. Upper and lower gun decks have been added on the saucer in place of the two lateral laser turrets. Upgraded proto-circumferential nacelles replace the dualobe nacelles on Valiant. Plus, a hangar module extension.

The final ship, at the bottom. is Intrepid, NCC-1631, at the time of her decommissioning at Starbase 11 during the events of "Court Martial". She has the same proportions but has been given new PB nacelles over time and a warp dynamic skin along with fully modern weaponry and sunlight propulsion.

Also there is the Republic at launch from about ten years prior to Valiant. It obviously changes quite a bit by the time Kirk is posted on her in the 2250s.

11 Jun 2017 11:49
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

aridas wrote:
But to preserve the vectors and layers we need a converter that won't reduce the images to bitmaps.

Of course :D

Really liking the 50 year timeline design changes. Was Republic's 'look' the inspiration for the Constitution class? It's quite a design leap from the Valiant.

11 Jun 2017 20:53
Reply to topic   [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 70  Next