View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Jun 2017 16:48

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
aridas takes another lap around the sun 
Captain
Captain

Happy birthday to the founder of the feast! I hope you have a terrific day filled with many happy returns (and nobody ejects you out of a fighter plane landing you back in the prison you just escaped).

28 Mar 2013 10:37
Commander
Commander

Congratulations and/or condolences (as the case may be) on another year, Aridas!

28 Mar 2013 11:46

Happy Birthday!!

Hopefully we'll all keep busy and deliver you some presents this year.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

28 Mar 2013 15:51
Commander
Commander

Happy Birthday and may you have many many more :D

28 Mar 2013 16:47
TacFleet Liaison
TacFleet Liaison

I once heard someone proclaim that logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow . . . that logic is a wreath of pretty flowers – which smell bad.

Assuming all that's true then I wonder what happiness is?

I guess in this case (since there's precious little chance of sitting in that center seat command chair again anytime soon – that Disney simulation we did 20 years ago not withstanding!) it was actually just waking up this morning to be able to celebrate your fifty-!*#@^$*)!-th birthday in the first place!

Happy Birthday, Captain Dunsel!

P.S. Have we all decided when the Federation Reference / Trek Forum Summit at the Mount Airy outpost will be? You know, seeing as it's sort of the "Camp David" (see what I did there?!?) of the Treknical oeuvre and all? I'm thinking . . . plenty of vibrant and robust discussion about whether or not the regalia and nomenclature is subatomically micro-fired onto the ships' hulls or if it's still hand-painted on for "nostalgia"'s sake; the uncanny ability of FJ's scouts to look as ridiculous as his destroyers; warp nacelle length-to-mass ratios and the consequent linear q-field implications; and of course, whatever happened to "ye olde stasis field" as a weapon! Combined with cookouts on the back veranda, a fire pit to keep the Arcturian Stink Bugs away, plenty of Saurian Brandy drunk from authentic Dickel bottles, and phaser target shooting (maybe in the direction of that neighbor of yours who tries to steal your wi-fi signal), it's soundin' more and more like a rip-roarin', knee-slappin', K-7 bar-fight kinda good time! Sorta like a "This Side of Paradise" / "Shore Leave" mashup! Why, we can even wrap up each day by re-watching "The Search for Spock", MST3K-style in your state-of-the-art theater, starting around 2:00am!!!

Woo-hoo!!! :lol:

I am SOOOO there, buddy! Let me and everybody else know when the date gets finalized.

P.S. I'm thinkin' my original invite must've gotten misdirected in the U.S. Mailzzzzzz. 'S'okay, though. I know how to get there.

28 Mar 2013 17:58
Captain
Captain

Calon Riel wrote:
P.S. Have we all decided when the Federation Reference / Trek Forum Summit at the Mount Airy outpost will be? You know, seeing as it's sort of the "Camp David" (see what I did there?!?) of the Treknical oeuvre and all?

FRS-con! Bring it!

We need a few of these: http://www.artemis.eochu.com/ And lots of rum, er, Saurian Brandy!

Nice of you to target ST III rather than JJ-Trek. We can even set up a Prometheus room! (I suppose we might watch stuff we LIKE.) (I like JJ-Trek, but you know what I mean.)

I want to host the panel of why Star Trek II is the Best / Worst Thing to Happen to Trek EVER. Calon can host "Why Transporters Rock!"

I hesitate to imagine what the house would look like with all the regulars there. Because I can't stop laughing when I do!

Maybe we can aim for when aridas turns 60!

28 Mar 2013 18:16
Commander
Commander

Happy Birthday!

28 Mar 2013 18:24
Commander
Commander

Happy B'day , Aridas ! :D
I wish you many more to come.-that's intended as a compliment.

28 Mar 2013 19:08
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks, guys! Looky here... Marzipan Cake!

And aridas done eat a BIIIIIIIIIIIG piece.

:o

Wish you all could have had some. Don't worry. I ate it for you.

:oops:

Signed aridas
(little known relative of Gorgan the "Friendly Angel")

"...here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -Thomas Jefferson, 1820

29 Mar 2013 02:18
Profile WWW
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Runs screaming off, with that last remark :o :shock: :oops:

29 Mar 2013 06:58
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next