View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Jun 2017 23:32

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Nacelle Notes 
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

What I see from the list above, is attempts to overcome the limitations of the earlier versions. What I mean, is the Annular warp drive of 2063, was good for its time, it opened up near space, maybe to ten light-years, before maintenance headaches would render it pointless. We are from my perspective looking at things that fall apart, if you look at them.

Then Annular-Inline blew away the older system, in terms of durability, but it too had range limitations.

The Annular-Dualobe, did two things: It again was an attempt to overcome the limitation of what had gone before. But! It also permitted self rescue.

The Dualobe Warp drive of 2150, could go FTL Fast! The other previous drives couldn't do anything fast, it took time to build up the power in a highly controlled way, before this. Time means having to expend fuel, at a high rate, which means further, a great deal of heat is therefore produced.

Note the Durance Cargo tug of 2130, is thus - in other words the evolution will occur much faster in the early days. Under the heading 'necessity'.

Circumferential - here I must go back to the Heavy Cruiser Evolution Blueprints, which means sometime prior to 2190, maybe 2185 for the first prototypes. This was to have the longest run of type, before the Linear warp drive came into being.

18 Mar 2013 11:29
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2