View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Jul 2017 10:54

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Prefire chambers, a thought upon 
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

I have been thinking upon pre-fire chambers of Phasers recently.(people panic, and leave, screeming) What this thought is, is that each pre-fire chamber has to be as transparent as possible, to the one before it. What this would mean is that that a single pre-fire chamber, is fully capable of firing at all sixteen settings, but perhaps not efficiently. So what happens when you add another pre-fire chamber? Well for one thing you have just doubled the power output possible. And added a few more setting, in the process. And stabilized the higher settings, such that setting sixteen becomes more likely. But not too likely. Remember according to the TNG-TM that four are needed to have the full capability, inline. Which raises the question about the pre-fire chambers for the type X.... wait for it...the type X has ~200 or so pre-fire chambers. The type IX has a maximum of sixty or so... So for each one it adds to what can be done.

A note about Nadions: They are virtual particles that can be "brought" into existence by ECM techniques. that is, virtual particles can be established to exist, by inferring their needed properties, and then generating them. Laser photons would be an excellent source there of, for the needed starting point. What this means is that Nadions don't need to exist per se, just be figured out as to what properties are required for them to exist. After all that is how color is done on the machine before you. To a computer, it is just a number.

This also explains about the deference between slow and fast Nadions. Early systems wouldn't be as good as later systems at conversion...

23 Nov 2012 16:09
Commodore
Commodore

hmm... then could they build a forcefield that could confine/direct/focus virtual particles ?

and could the virtual particles be brought into existence by a method involving transporter technology ?

*since we're thinking outside of the box... ; )

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force...
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.
This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
Max Planck

23 Nov 2012 17:29
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Well if they can block a photon, then it follows. Please remember that I am talking about imposing a signal upon a photon, that makes a photon behave as a Nadion. That such an imposition is possible, has already been proved - hence my reference to Electronic Counter Measure technology. What is missing from my first post, is the 'question' of what is an ECM target? By being loose with this concept, or rather making the concept rather extremely broad, in nature, then certain ideas can be done, when one expects other wise.

So you want setting eight? in other words, then ask your self exactly what I am trying to hit? The quick answer is a man sized/massed target, but at this level that isn't what I am posting about. What makes a man? Would be more correct in framing the proper question. The answer under this view of things, is atomic bonds... What you want to do, is to compute what would be required for a particle to do this, in the first place. What would have to be done to a photon to make it sit up and take notice?

23 Nov 2012 19:52
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Was reading in the TNG technical Manual, for the first time really in a long while. It seems from the amount of energy contained with in phasers, they would be extremely difficult to drain, by simply firing them.... Do the math...

05 Dec 2012 10:22
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]