View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Jul 2017 14:45

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
TAS Cargo Drone Plans 
Commodore
Commodore

thanks... : )

yep, you got me... were you looking over my shoulder or something... ; )

i really like the basic shapes and balances of the DY configuration, but without as many submarine-y detail bits... : )

which comes from memories of watching Trek in the long-ago... when you really had to guess at what you were seeing onscreen, because everything was more squinty in the olden days... < geezer voice >

the next obvious upgrade cycle for ring/nacelles would change to noticeably smaller and smoother pods, with maybe a hint of the glowy details yet to come... like going from a naked radial engine biplane with no cowling to something like a Corsair or Hellcat, while the pure nacelle designs would be following the design cues of jet aircraft evolution...

and having these older hybrid systems in service might practically explain how they discovered the engines-up or engines-down performance principles... ; )

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force...
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.
This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
Max Planck

28 Jun 2012 14:57
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Well? What about the Antares????

24 Jul 2012 10:32

In due time, but I want to finish my Enterprise first to create a standard that all my future TOS ships will be aligned to. Thanks for the interest though.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

24 Jul 2012 13:19
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

^ Sounds like a good "plan" har-har

:P

24 Jul 2012 14:47

A little late, but I just realized I never posted these, so in the interest of completion, here are my "final" as they stand drawings for this TAS ship. They are supposed to be as close to a one-to-one drawing of that ship as possible, albeit with only a little bit of embellishment, to serve as a baseline to TAS before experimenting with it further. I've included on the left a green outline of the profile view overtop what I used as my main TAS image as a sort of 'test'. The TAS ship appears to be tilted a little upwards and to port, so my drawing is slightly rotated back to profile to compensate. I've also included a couple small views of the fore/top and aft/bottom for reference.

If you look closely at the aft view of those extensions, you can see where I placed my impulse engines. There are also some related markings topside in that location.

I also have individual view drawings that are a little larger.

Mark

Northern lights passed by then they were gone. And as old stars would die so the new ones were born. Ever on I sailed celestial ways. And in the light of my years shone the rest of my days. Those who know, will they help us grow, to one day be Starriders.

02 Oct 2016 19:14
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Did you ever do the Antares? I hate to nag, but I ha been four years or so... ;)

05 Oct 2016 11:45
Commander
Commander

I'd like to see the TAS Enterprise done, with the longer secondary hull and larger nacelles if possible.

16 Oct 2016 17:12
Ensign
Ensign

Another vote for a TAS Enterprise.

19 Apr 2017 17:44
Captain
Captain

Ah, but the TAS Enterprise based on The Cage, Where No Man Has Gone Before, or TOS?

The TAS Enterprise by its nature is so inconsistent that I don't buy it as a different Enterprise.

(Although if I were ever to re-animate TAS, I'd use the Franz Joseph version.)

19 Apr 2017 18:18
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tallguy wrote:
Ah, but the TAS Enterprise based on The Cage, Where No Man Has Gone Before, or TOS?

The TAS Enterprise by its nature is so inconsistent that I don't buy it as a different Enterprise.

(Although if I were ever to re-animate TAS, I'd use the Franz Joseph version.)

I think I was the guy that came up with that idea, calling a purported post-third season refit the Achernar-class and getting FJ's plans in by saying that was the refit. That idea has sort of soured on me over time because it just makes more sense that if you are going to say the series ship gets overhauled to look like FJ's plans, it makes more sense to just say it gets refit to the Phase II design. That's why the idea of just giving the ship a longer hangar and bigger nacelles seems like an in-between option. It isn't as dramatic as a Phase II refit, and it certainly isn't as extreme as an Achernar refit would be. Plus, that would give us yet another Constitution subclass!

"...here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -Thomas Jefferson, 1820

19 Apr 2017 18:57
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next